At St Michael at Bowes we believe that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of pupils. We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, ensuring that the needs of such pupils are adequately assessed and addressed. We recognise that not all FSM pupils are socially disadvantaged and that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We will therefore allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as socially disadvantaged, this will not however exclude any of those who qualify for the Pupil Premium. All our work through the Pupil Premium will be aimed at accelerating progress and overcoming barriers to learning so that these pupils achieve similar outcomes to their peers or narrow the attainment gap.
The range of provision the school may consider making for this group could include:
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher/specialist staff
- 1-1 or support
- Additional teaching and learning
- Enrichment opportunities e.g. after school clubs, educational visits, music/sports tuition
- Acquisition of staff, resources or services to provide the above
It will be the responsibility of the Headteacher, or a delegated member of staff, to produce regular reports for the Governing Body
• the progress made towards narrowing the gap, by year group, for socially disadvantaged pupils
• an outline of the provision that was made since the last meeting and the impact thereof
The Governors of the school will ensure that there is an annual statement on how the Pupil Premium funding has been used published on the school website. The use of Pupil Premium Funding will be carried out within any statutory requirements published by the Department for Education.
ST MICHAEL AT BOWES ALLOCATION AND EXPENDITURE OF THE PUPIL PREMIUM.
2020-2021 £119, 286